Getting stuck in traffic is a preppers nightmare. It is also the motivation to have a country location to escape to. Traffic will drive any sane person to dream of country roads. There will be no traffic there!
Why do we hate traffic?
- No control over others drivers.
- Road conditions
- High, drunk, or texting drivers
- Being stuck on the road with a lot of unprepared people
- Road rage. Theirs or yours.
- Being this close to humans you don’t know and trusting their ability to navigate their vehicle safely through surrounding traffic and road conditions.
- The smell
- Parking lots
- Waiting for people to notice the light is green
- Taking three lights to get through an intersection
- Out of sync traffic lights
- Curbs you cant get your jeep over in a jam
- Pedestrians walking slowly and texting
- Leaners. These are those drivers that constantly lean on the rules; speed, take the space in front of big trucks, run the red, pass on the shoulder, text, park in handicap stall, and never seem to get caught.
There is a lot going on in traffic. We all know things happen fast and it takes courage to trust streets full of random drivers every day. If not the number one reason for leaving the city it has to be in the top five.